First, I love the photo of you in the company car. So cute!
We had a wonderful time on our trip to Italy. We loved the atmosphere, the sights, and the food, but best of all, we met some really great people along the way! Below are some highlights that we really liked:
- The cooking class in Florence was great. We learned a lot, and the food was delicious. We have already recreated our cooking class meal at home!
- We really enjoyed the truffle-hunting excursion in Val D’Orcia. The farm was lovely, and the people there were so warm and welcoming.
- Our favorite guides were Stefania in Siena, Francesca in Florence, Antonietta at the Vatican, and Salvatore at Pompeii. All the guides were wonderful, but these really shined.
- Drivers Guillermo (2 days in Tuscany) and Luigi (Sorrento to the Amalfi Coast) were great. They shared local knowledge, we talked about history, and it really enhanced our time in the car.
- The food tour in Sorrento was really fun. We got to meet local food producers and sample a lot of different things.
- Siena and Florence were two of our favorite cities. We will definitely return at some point in the future
- Pompeii was fascinating from a historical perspective. We were glad that we made the time to go down to the Amalfi Coast so that we could experience it
Our only negative feedback is regarding the location of our accommodation at Greve in Chianti. When we arrived at San Stefano, the owners were surprised that we had no rental car. It is not possible to walk to Greve and there is no bus stop near the farm. The people at San Stefano were kind enough to feed us lunch when we arrived because we had no way of getting to town. They then gave us information for a car service so that we could make arrangements for dinner. The car service was 50 Eur to Greve and 70 Eur to Panzano. Over the course of our three night stay, we spent 170 Eur on car service to get to dinner–this is more than we paid for our meals. It was an unexpected expense. While it was lovely staying in the country, I think we would have preferred to stay in a town due to the transportation issue.
But I want to end on a positive note. We really enjoyed our trip. You did a wonderful job with planning and logistics. Everything was easy, all the guides were wonderful and on time, and the accommodations were great. Thank you so much!
I’ve attached a few pictures here of Marc and I enjoying the delights of Italy!
Lisa Wilson (Decatur – AL) – May 2019