I’m so sorry for the delayed response. Everything was wonderful!!!! Thank you for planning our dream vacation.
Here’s a few notes and details around our itinerary. Overall, it was incredible. We highly recommend you and your team to any of our friends/ family traveling to Italy. Thank you for our Moka coffee pot. We loved bringing Italian coffee home.
Private transfer went very smoothly.
We really enjoyed our stay here. Having the smartphone you provided and the hotel’s “handy” phone certainly came in handy. It was a great location, especially because it was walking distance to all of the popular destinations. We enjoyed being so close to Trastervere as well. Our room was very spacious and modern. When we got back from the Amalfi coast, we were treated to an upgraded room with a balcony.
We walked to-
- Villa Borghese
- Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navona
- Piazza Poppolo
- Walking tour- Trastevere
The food tour was great! Our favorite part was going back to the penthouse and enjoying the homemade pasta and breathtaking views.
It was very crowded at the Vatican, but incredible works of art and history. By the time our tour ended, it was too late to climb to the top of St. Peter’s dome.
DAY 4: Amalfi Coast
- Train from Rome to Naples was easy to navigate and very fast!
- Salvatore the driver was friendly and informative. He took us to Postiano to eat Lunch at fattoria la tagliata
- Check-in Hotel in Sorrento – Grand Hotel Ambiasciatori
– Amazing pool/ beach
– Huge breakfast
– Classic/ fine art décor- 5 stars!
DAY 5: Sorrento
- Free Day; Pool/ beach…. AMAZING pool and beach area at the hotel
- Ate @ Bagni Del Fino- Branzino, Bruschetta, Spaghetti Vongole
DAY 6: Capri/ AnaCapri
– This was our favorite day!! Ferry from Sorrento to Capri
– Funicular to main square
– Bus to AnaCapri
– Chair lift to mt solaro
– Covnertible taxi back down to Capri
– Lunch @ Pizza Da Giorgio
– Gelato – right next to Ferragamo
– Funicular back down to Marina Grande
– Private 3 hour boat tour w/ Gianni’s boats
– Ferry back to Sorrento
DAY 7: Sorrento
- Free Day
- Pizza Da Franco
DAY 8: Ravello
- Tried to take ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi (to catch bus to Ravello), but it was too windy and boats weren’t running
- Took red bus “city sightseeing” from Sorrento to Amalfi/ transfer bus in Amalfi to Ravello
- Ride is gorgeous through Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello
- Ravello- Piazza Aveno; had a hard time navigating; didn’t have time for Villa Cimbrone
- Dinner at Accento in Sorrento
DAY 9: Pompeii/ Train to Rome
- Pompeii- Our tour guide was awesome! Very very helpful to have a private guide
* Our driver was also very nice. He recommended a lunch spot in Pompeii
- Train from Naples to Rome
- Dinner in Trastevere
DAY 10: Rome
- Colosseum- Since we missed our guided tour earlier in the trip, we downloaded “rick Steves” audio guide and it was great!
- Fly out
Thank you again!!!”
Stephanie Spencer (Norwell, MA) – SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2017