“Thanks Matteo, we are back home safe. We did have a lovely trip and thanks to you it was well received by everyone. Finally getting around to providing you with some holiday comments. It is turning colder here and the golf clubs are put away.
Firstly I just want to say that we had a lovely holiday and that all of the arrangements went well and according to our itinerary. We are certainly prepared to provide excellent references to any prospective client that may inquire.
I can provide the following more detailed comments:
• The pick-up services were timely and well arranged.
• We found the hotels to be suitable and well located. Certainly they are of the European style, being a little smaller with European style showers in some, this is to be expected and for me adds to the charm. We especially enjoyed the hotels in Levanto and Perugia. The staff at both these locations were friendly and helpful especially Levanto. Taking bikes from the Levanto hotel and riding through the tunnels was an excellent adventure and my brother said Levanto should promote its location better. The hotel in Perugia was especially dramatic and should not be dropped from any itinerary. Don’t forget to remind North Americans to bring their own face-clothes if they wish as European hotels don’t have them (we knew this).
• The tours were also enjoyable:
o We enjoyed the boat tour out to Burano and Murano although we ended up spending too much time at the glass factory and would have enjoyed more time in Burano, the guide was excellent.
o The cooking class in Florence was excellent, a different experience and very professional.
o The walking tour in Cinque Terrre was also enjoyable, the guide Luca was very good getting us to the more popular villages before the crowds came. We weren’t sure if lunch was included (it wasn’t) some of us thought it was, some not. It was a lot to cover going back and forth on the train to see all the villages and it may have been nice to walk between a couple of the villages (I don’t know how long this takes or whether it is only for equipped hikers).
o The hiking tour with Marco in Greve in Chianti was excellent. He is very knowledgeable and his English was very good. Though a long walk it was well paced and the meal at his home was very good. It was to include a picnic lunch but I believe the weather was not co-operating so he took us to his home. This was a nice touch.
o The winery tour in Radda in Chianti was also interesting and the meal with wine was excellent. It is a lovely location and the staff were professional.
o The chocolate making in Perugia was good.
o Grace and I did not tour in Rome but I have heard from the others that the ancient Rome tour was very good. I do believe that some were disappointed with the Vatican tour simply because it is so crowded that it is not enjoyable and they were unable to get into St Peter’s itself as I believe it was another long line-up.
• I am glad that I took my GPS as it would have been impossible to get around driving without it. Even so we did get lost on a couple of occasions. It would assist if we had a small map of exactly where the hotels were located and where we were to meet the tour guides.
• It was also lovely having dinner with your family and do thank your wife and daughter for attending.
Clearly I don’t have many negative comments and again it was a most enjoyable trip. We wish you all the best in your business and would certainly recommend your company to any travellers.
Terry and Grace Ford (Regina – Saskatchewan, Canada), SEPTEMBER 2013