“Matteo a few things for your benefit as we slowly adapt back to East Coast time and the daily routines after three wonderful weeks away.
- 1. There was a minor glitch upon our arrival, which to us was understandable, but perhaps you might come up with a better system of communication. As we usually try to travel with only carry on luggage, and as we flew business class, we exited the airport fairly quickly. The driver was waiting for us no problem there, but he had a very limited command of English and got us to the train station long before the Meet and Greet people were supposed to be there. He had no idea where he was supposed to drop us off and finally made a phone call to the Meet and Greet company and that person told us to go to a bar at the train station and they would meet us there; the driver left us his sign with our names on it to hold up at the train station. In the States, a bar is a place that serves liquor. It appears that in Italy, a bar is a place that serves gelato, coffee, etc. That was confusing and somewhat disturbing to us. We wandered around and were all set to go directly to a train platform on our own, when accidently came across the person from Meet and Greet at the front of the train station entrance/exit.
- 2. The operation at Borgo San Felice was second to none. Very well-run operationas close to perfect as you could get.
- 3. The operation at Plazzo Manfredi was OK, but again we are early risers who try to milk every minute of our vacation travels. Breakfast was supposed to be served beginning at 7:00 on. On our first day, they were still setting up for breakfast way past 7:30. They put butter on our table at 7:40 just as we were getting ready to leave for the day. And the next two days were similar in the fact that they were not ready for a breakfast buffet at the time stated that breakfast would be availableso it was not a one-time incident.
- 4. All the facilities we stayed at were wonderful (San Felice exceptionally so as previously mentioned) and the staff at all the hotels were quite solicitous and friendly.
- 5. The tour guides all were very nice. Ulrich especially good.
- 6. We are questioning if there is any refund due on our trip costs, as the boat tour was changed (nice alternate arrangements on your part, given short notice) and we forfeited the lunch and wine tasting the following day, choosing to tour the Amalfi Coast rather than eat.
- 7. The availability of using a cell phone is an outstanding idea. It would have been nice to have it available when we were picked up at ROM airport, but we understand the glitch and we made it through successfully. I just hated to call you and interrupt your day and other things you might be working on. Also, the gift of the pouches a nice touch and came in handy during the journey.
Thank you for facilitating a very nice time for us. You are skillful at what you do, and we have gained an appreciation for what a good travel agent can provide.
Joe and Rosemary Heher”
Joseph & Rosemary Heher (Salisbury, MD) – MAY 2019