Thank you again for all the organizing and planning that created a memorable and special trip. It was the trip of a lifetime.
Following are some comments to provide feedback about our recent trip. Karen will send a few pictures on the What’sApp team link.
What we liked most:
- The overall itinerary was excellent.
o We liked all the choices of places to visit
o The amount of time scheduled for activities during the day was very good. We had a good amount of free time to explore on our own, enjoy meals, etc.
o We should have realized earlier that we would not want to have the 8 hour tour on the last day – since it was our last day. Had we identified that earlier, perhaps Barbara could have checked for a shorter tour.
- Barbara’s help was excellent during our trip. She was available whenever we needed hwe and she helped us with adjustments – often on short notice. She has a very friendly and helpful style of communicating.
- All in all, the guides were excellent. A few were exceptionally personable, but all were professional and pleasant. All of the guides were on time and at the appropriate meeting place.
- The quality of the hotels was excellent. Our favorite hotel experience was in Sorrento – where we had a beautiful sea view from our room. The hotel in Lecce was also very, very special. The hotel is beautiful, we had a large room, and the service was excellent. We would probably rate the hotel in Ostuni a little bit below the other hotels because the staff was not as outwardly friendly and helpful as the staff at the other hotels. But the location was good and we really enjoyed Ostuni.
- We appreciated the high quality of the car rentals and the people at the car rental offices were helpful and professional. We also appreciated having premium fare plane tickets from Sorrento to Palermo.
Truly special experiences:
- We both feel that the UNESCO sites that we visited – especially those that we hadn’t known about previously (Alberobello, Matera, Taormina) were all incredible. Pompeii, also (obviously), but we already were familiar with the importance of Pompeii.
Thank you very much again for the great work to plan and organize the trip – and to watch over us while we were in Italy! We hope to visit Italy again and will contact you if we do!
John & Karen Schueler – (Beaufort -SC) – October 2022